Wednesday, November 5, 2014

TBT: An Open Invite

Dear TBT,

Seems lately there's this trend to post pictures on Thursdays. Old pics. Throwback pics. They call it Throwback Thursday. TBT. 
I'm not trendy. Never have been, never will be. I don't commonly participate in TBT for that very reason. But today I was inspired. Today everyone gets an invite to my TBT Party. Here's how it started...

On Wednesday's this little group of women gets together for lunch. Casual and easy. No fuss. Especially when I host. I'm so casual, easy and no-fuss I served my guests leftovers today. 
Classy? You bet. 
Appreciated? Affirmative. 
Somehow our post-lunch discussion turned to the idea that we were enjoying the kids' mac more than they were. It was a "treat" for us. We don't eat mac anymore... that's kid's stuff! Then someone mentioned bologna. Ahhhh! I love me a good bologna sandwich. 

"A bologna sandwich... yumm."
"On white bread"
"With mustard"
"No, with Miracle Whip"
"Blech"
"With Mayo and lettuce"
"Mayo, lettuce, cheese and... Doritos"



 "Crunch all you want, we'll make more."


Then came spaghettios. #gagmewithawoodenspoon. (I don't hashtag either.)  
I loved them as a kid, but had to go to the neighbor's house to get those and the bologna sandwiches. 

The list grew...
Tuna casserole 
Ham and Noodle casserole... does anyone really make casserole anymore? Or at least call it a casserole? The word is just odd now. 

Peachies.

Funyuns and Mt. Dew.




Pizza Rolls. 

I would now add zots and Clearly Canadian. And Orange Slice.  

















 
So now we're thinking a TBT potluck and movie night. 
If potluck doesn't scream TBT, I'm done. 

Don't even ask, "What are you wearing tonight?" 
Neon
OR
Geometric Shapes
OR
Flannel with overalls (one strap), Dr. Martens.
OR
Gap Sweatshirt, rolled jeans, penny loafers.
OR
Parachute pants, Jordans.

We'll be in the basement drooling over Ren McCormack, Maverick, Ice and Slider, dropping Jolly Ranchers in our Zima, hiding the Busch Light outside the window in a snowbank, smoking Swisher Sweets and wearing Peachies on our ring fingers. 

Be there, or be square.  

Friends Forever,
Wednesday Lunch Bunch, A.K.A. Fab Four (or Five. Sometimes Sensational Six or Seven.)

No comments:

Post a Comment