Monday, January 12, 2015

Raves on Faves Part 1: Organization

Everyone has their list of favorite things. Oprah made it cool. So here's me jumping on the cool wagon and sharing my first list of favorite things. Since I have oh-so-many favorite things, I'm divvying the goods into categories. Here in part one I'm letting loose on my favorite organization products!
Enjoy!  

Inkwell Press Planners! 

This is my new favorite thing for 2015. Last year I tried Erin Condren and while it was a nice planner, I really love the choices available through Inkwell Press in regards to page layouts. 

Covers/Personalization:
They don't have a huge selection of covers to choose from (only five) but the few they have are adorable and can be personalized in a beautiful gold foil. Personalization options are more abundant with 12 font choices. The cover is sturdy, durable and thick, making it easy to write in your planner on the go when there's no table or hard surface to write on! 

Page Layouts:
The page layout options offer two choices. The first is the Classic, or vertical, layout. With the week laid out in columns and the hours on the left side of each column. The bottom of each day offers spaces for meal planning, fitness and chores. 
The second option for layout is the Flex style. This is a horizontal style without the hours laid out for you. Each day again features the meal planning, fitness and chore sections and both styles provide a space for weekly notes. 


Important Dates:
I love the pages that allow you to record all the birthdays/anniversaries/recurring events in your life for quick reference on one page. I still tend to enter the most important birthdays into the monthly sections as well. To each his own. 

Pockets:
I love a good pocket or two and this planner has them! Two styles of pockets keep things separated and neatly contained. Nothing spilling out the back, top or sides! Two of the pockets are the typical folder style pocket with the contents going in from the top. Nice for ease of retrieval. The second pocket is attached inside the back cover and has one of those cute string and disk style closures. This is nice for items you don't need to reference regularly, but want to keep contained in your planner. 

Notes:
With a section for notes, I can always jot down quick pieces of information during meetings or while out with the girls, then transfer them to the appropriate notebook when I get home. (I'm involved in a few different organizations, so each one gets its very own notebook to help me keep them all separated!) 

With this being their first run of planners, I can only imagine the growth and improvements we'll see in the future! Enjoy 20% off your order when you use this link! 


Pocket  Calendars

Hit up Amazon.com and search for wall calendars with pockets. I love being able to put party invitations, event information and bills in the pockets for the current and upcoming months. It makes finding those items so easy without adding unnecessary bulk to my Inkwell Press Planner! 


Thirty-One! 

Anything from Thirty-One is a hit in my book. I have bags and hanging organizers, purses and wallets, oh-snap bins and large utility totes. If you can't find at least 5 things you can't live without from Thirty-One, well then, my bet is you are ultra-organized. And even at that, I still bet you can find something you need! 

No comments:

Post a Comment