Thursday, October 23, 2014

Talent from the Heavens


You know how there are those people from high school that once you graduated you figured you might never see again? Even in a town of 432 people, there are some that kind of drop off the face of the earth, never to really be seen or heard from again. There was one of those guys in my art class. He was amazing. Talent from the Heavens this guy had. Even as a student in our middleofnowhere high school you knew there was something special there. He was destined for greatness in the art world. 

And as far as I can discern, he's reached some significant level of greatness. It might not be widely known, but he's still great. Last summer he was the speaker at the annual alumni banquet in our hometown. So I went. I never go to that. Why did I go? I'd seen some of his work on his facebook page. But this stuff, I needed to see it in person. You can't truly appreciate any piece of art until you've seen it in person, in my humble and honest opinion. 

I went. And I was wowed. 
Again. No, still
Talent from the Heavens. And it has grown and matured and become something so truly magnificent. 


 
This guy right here, he doesn't just find a picture and make a drawing from it. He involves himself in the experience. He goes out to the ranch. He rides the horses and captures the essence of the moments on film. Then he picks just the right images to bring to life with his pencils. Yes, pencils. I know, take the time to go back and look again. Look closely. REALLY close. Yes, that's a pencil drawing. 


Need proof?
Here is a progression of another of his drawings...



 
So who is this mystery man? This incredible talent hidden in the world? 

His name is Tim. He does carry with him a somewhat uncanny resemblance to Tim McGraw. I was definitely on the tricked end of this photo at first glance... 

 


When you head to his Riders of the Light Facebook page to like and follow and be a part of something so cool, don't be tricked by this one either...

"I don't see anything that I do as fantastical or amazing. I just do what I do because I love it, and because I know God has blessed me with a very special gift that I want to use to glorify Him, in the end." - Tim Kliewer




But I digress...

The work this guy does in his spare time is what I'm still amazed by and jealous of 20+ years removed from that HS art class and the giant SouthWestern something-or-other style of painting he did that caught my breath. Now my breath is catching at these magnificent drawings. 

Someday may my breath catch more frequently as I gaze at one hanging on the wall of my office where I write. Because as you all know, I'm a country girl. And this, well this is country art at its very finest. 

A Talent from the Heavens. 

To top it all off, he knows his Talent from the Heavens really and truly is from God. He's a humble guy. He wants to have his talents go to the glory of our Lord.  

True Talent from the Heavens.  

1 comment:

  1. Love your writing. Please keep it up. Your blog reminds me of this song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km7HYqwq_Hk

    ReplyDelete